Jason joined the firm in September 2018 as part of the litigation team to assist director Natalie Strijland. Jason has primarily practiced in civil and commercial litigation after being admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland in January 2012. He has experience in a range of matters including:
• debt recovery;
• contractual and commercial disputes;
• building and construction disputes;
• insolvency and bankruptcy matters;
• reviewing administrative decisions of the Queensland Building and Construction Commission; and
• reviewing and providing advice on contracts, policies and other legal documents (including retirement village contracts, building and construction contracts, loans, mortgages and security agreements).
Jason is a graduate of the Queensland University of Technology and is also admitted to the High Court of Australia. He has appeared in matters in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal, Magistrates Court of Queensland and South Australia (by telephone), the District Court of Queensland, Supreme Court of Queensland and the Federal Court of Australia both with and without Counsel.
Whilst a litigator, Jason favours the prevention of disputes by providing pre-contractual advice and practical options to assist and facilitate his clients achieving the best possible outcomes.